FOUR VERY COMFORTING WORDS! “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for THOU ART WITH ME; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
The valley of death is a place of fear, anxiety, loneliness, vulnerability, and doubt. When David wrote this Psalm, he knew that whenever he faced danger, the Good Shepherd would be with him to provide for him and protect him. Are we alert to the presence of our Good Shepherd whenever we enter the deep valley?
1. When I am lonely, thou art with me.
2. When I am discouraged, thou art with me,
3. When I am without hope, thou art with me.
4. When I am sick or facing death, thou art with me.
5. When I am confused, thou art with me.
6. When I am lukewarm spiritually, thou art with me.
7. When I am facing a trial, thou art with me.
8. When I am being tempted, thou art with me.
9. When I am sorrowful, thou art with me.
10. When I am rejected, thou art with me.
Let Jesus walk with you today, no matter what you are facing.
“Thank you, Lord, for being my Shepherd. I know that your perfect love casts out every fear in my life. Help me to be alert to your presence at all times. Too often, I focus on my circumstances instead focusing upon you as my Good Shepherd. Your presence gives me hope in despair. Your presence gives me the strength to go through whatever valley that I may enter. Thank for your constant presence in my life. Amen”